Sunday, May 16, 2010

Observations


Authors who write books which will be turned into audio versions should avoid characters named Jack.
A reader and a listener evenutally tire of hearing "Jack asked". It sounds like something else. Trust me on this one.

This is a lush spring. Each year the flowers get more beautiful. Perhaps we just learned to appreciate them more.











One of our dogs ate the inserts to my much-loved and ancient UGG slip-ons. My fault for leaving them where he could get to them. I've put in "Gels" from Dr. Scholl. Here to tell ya - NOT THE SAME. I was on my feet for 6 hours straight today wearing the UGGs with gel inserts. Not doin' it, folks!

3 comments:

Linda Green said...

Beautiful-the peonies are messy, but they are sure beautiful.

Nice Creek Bed-girlie!

Unknown said...

Nice creek bed, girlie!

What is a bed-girlie anyhow?

Re the peonies. Everything comes with a price tag. Just hope that when you approach the cash register, the item has already been marked down.

The most likely scenario is that as the flowers mature, they become more beautiful just as you, the beholder with age, are able to see the beauty of each petal more clearly.
A zoom lens helps too!

Unknown said...

Kate, are you wearing your hair longer? Looks cool.

Where would we be without our best friends making mischief? Eating the inserts from your UGGS. I bet he enjoyed it. Oh well! Funny though. I have some well worn shoes that my dog at the tongue .. I just have to wear socks above the ankle...almost threw them out but now i think of him always.