Sunday, March 24, 2013

Ted Kerasote Does It Again!

Wheeee, I'm back! It's spring break here and I have several "clients" who need to be fed and walked regularly so they see me three times a day. Good dogs and cats - each and every one of them. Often we hear how independent and unattached cats are. I'm here to say the cats get lonely. They cling to me upon arrival and "talk a leg off". Dogs, love 'em dearly, want to go out and want a toy and a treat. They'll do anything you want (I didn't use the word "always") but I suspect there's a personal motive involved. The cats are just pleased to see someone in the house. Granted, they do disappear when the newness wears off and they recognize it's just me.

And, already this morning I have done a task that makes me ask "Are these people nuts for having me take care of their critters?" One place I am visiting has plants and the note left for me includes a request to water the plants. You know where I'm going don't you? Yes, I watered a fake one. It was early this a.m. The note said "living room" and that was IT in the living room. I caught on. It's drying upside down in the kitchen sink now. No one will be the wiser, really. They don't know I blog. :-)

Really important today is sharing with you all a wonderful book, PUKKA'S PROMISE. For you who are MERLE'S DOOR fans this is the next non-fiction book Ted Kerasote has written about dogs in his life. If you haven't read about Merle you can do that first or not but I highly recommend both books. What's critically different about this new book is the exhaustive, extensive research done regarding dogs in the human world. Like Ted, I found myself thinking, "I wish I'd known that..." Gosh, we humans have a great deal to learn about what chemicals, processes, surgeries, etc are suitable for ourselves and our dogs. Naturally I hope Ted will continue producing some of the best books around as I find his real-life-situations very heartwarming and revealing. I have read and do read other male authors' books about dogs but Ted always reveals a great deal about himself too, showing his tenderness. The only other author who did so convincingly wrote FOLLOWING ATTICUS.

Yes, usually I try to tell tales of/on myself but some exceptions are worthwhile these are tremendouse "reads" and if you read a blog you can read a book! Go forth and conquer the world with words!

No comments: