Monday, April 15, 2013

The Wonder of It All

A blossom that looks suspended in air
 This past weekend was marvelous because there was another successful transport which means life goes on for some animals who may have otherwise not survived. No doubt I have said it before - there is a real "rush" that comes from being able to help, whenever it is possible, and sometimes making it possible by rearranging a schedule or two. Below you see Emerson, a handsome GSD who posed graciously while we waited for the driver for the next leg of his journey.
RW Emerson (I gave him the RW for Road Warrior)
 As he and I became acquainted we agreed it would be all right for him to get out of the crate when we reached our destination. It was a perfect time to capture his amazing look. He's off to a northern Wisconsin location now, making himself at home in a no-kill shelter or one of their foster homes.

Sometimes, It is difficult to let the passengers go on and he was no exception. Every driver I know has said, at least six times, "I'd keep that one" or "I'd take them all"...Most of us have several dogs and/or cats already and by several, in my case I mean 9. The best reward is knowing we do not have to take these home with us because they are saved already and going to be cared for until the right person or people come to them.

It doesn't take much to be a driver - a reliable, fueled vehicle that can hold as many crates as possible, your crates/bedding or else you can carry some Stay In Crates critters, and time. Time is your biggest gift - the time to drive and the time of life you give back to these animals who are so deserving.
Curious and chatty

Saturday afternoon my husband and I strolled around a nearby small town, where Lincoln walked of course! This and the flowering tree above were part of what we enjoyed seeing.

It was truly a weekend to relate to being thankful for all things great and small.

No comments: